- Published on
Written by: Ilia
Data recovery specialist, guest author, journalist.
WhatsApp is a mobile app for free messaging and calling without any time limit. With its help it's easy to stay in touch with your family and friends.
Messenger will be useful not only for young people, who communicate a lot every day, but also for older people as WhatsApp isn't overloaded with settings and has simple and logical interface.
You can download WhatsApp app for Android for free via the following link.
Main features of WhatsApp
Following basic functions can be allocated in WhatsApp app for Android:
- calling and messaging users from different parts of the world for free. WhatsApp requires a stable internet connection (3G, 4G, LTE) or Wi-fi network;
- creating group chats. You can invite a large number of people in a common chat: around 256. The only requirement is that all of them must have a WhatsApp messenger installed. WhatsApp icon next to the name of a contact will help you to figure out who from your contact list has this app installed.
- backup of chats: chat backups are stored in the form of a local file on a phone sd card, you can also upload backup to Google Drive cloud on schedule;
- convenient transferring of information without any loss. You can add various Emoji, stickers, and multimedia files to text messages: video, audio, geolocation on the map.
- saving messages offline on a phone. Temporary absence of internet has no impact on receiving notifications: they are synchronized when connected to network;
- adjusted synchronization of computer and web versions of chats. What you have on your phone is what appears in the extended version of WhatsApp on your PC.
- additional protection by chat encryption. There is no way a third party can have access to your chat.
You should start installing WhatsApp for Android with downloading it from Google Play. Than the program asks you to specify the user's phone number, name and choose a profile pic. After these steps, you can fully enjoy the work of this messenger.
From where to download WhatsApp
Apart from the official website, you can download WhatsApp latest version from such sources as Google Play, XDA and Trashbox.