Taking a screenshot on Samsung’s mobile devices is quite simple, there are many options for quick shooting. Consider the main methods that are suitable for phones and tablets of the following models:
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S7, S8, S9, S10;
- Samsung Tab 3;
- Samsung A3, A5;
- Samsung J1, J3, J5, J7;
- Samsung Duos.
The main ways to save a screenshot:
We use the application Screenshot
Most modern gadgets are equipped with the Android operating system. You can take a screenshot on Android using the special Screenshot application, it can be downloaded from Google Play or, for example, here:
The Screenshot application greatly simplifies the process of saving the image and in addition saves your time - in any case, according to the developers of Geeks.Lab.2015.
The algorithm for fixing a screenshot on Samsung using this utility looks like this:
- Download and install the Screenshot app on your phone.
- Define the path to save the image (option "Photo path").
- Take a screenshot (press the power and volume buttons).
- Open the image to check the result.
Now that you know how to take a screenshot on a Samsung phone using the Android application, you only need to figure out the additional Screenshot functions and find the saved image on the phone. Usually all images are saved to the Gallery.
In addition to saving screenshots, this application contains an image editor. He, in turn, allows you to:
- Add mosaic to screenshots;
- Make edits to an existing screenshot;
- Paste text in a screenshot;
- Edit images.
Where are screenshots stored on Samsung, how to view them
On a device with Android 4.4 and above installed, viewing screenshots is most convenient through the Gallery application.
- Open the "Gallery"
- Select the "Albums" directory, inside it there is another folder - "Screenshots".
- To save a screenshot to Dropbox / Google Drive cloud or transfer it to another service, use the “Send” or “Share” option.
In some older versions of Android OS / Samsung devices, you need to view screenshots at a different address:
- We are looking for the application called "Photos" on the main screen, open it.
- Next, tap on the menu icon and select the option "On device".
- The next step is to go to the "Screenshots" section. The captured images are here.
The standard way to take a screenshot on Samsung (with hardware keys)
1. To begin, hold down the Power + Home buttons simultaneously. As a result, a screenshot icon will be displayed on the screen.
In fact, this is the easiest way to quickly take a screenshot; It works on most phones and tablets of the specified brand.
Tip. How to clamp the Power button
The power button works even if you hold it together with a decrease in volume. To take a screen on Samsung, you have to hold the keys for a while (just a few seconds) - and after that the picture is automatically saved in the gadget's memory or on the memory card, depending on the settings.
2. The phone's hardware keys also allow you to take a screenshot on the phone in an alternative way. To do this, press the "Back" + "Home" keys, not forgetting to hold them in this position for a couple of seconds. As you might have guessed, the same screenshot icon will appear at the top of the screen. Done!
3. If you have custom Android firmware, nothing prevents you from holding down the “ON / OFF” key, which activates the additional menu. The “Screenshot” button will appear in the pop-up window.
4. As for the new Samsung models (Galaxy S8, S9, S10 ...), then there is provided for the activation of a screenshot with the palm of your hand. This function is configured (in fact, very convenient) as follows:
- Settings (this always starts the gesture control setup).
- Management (select the palm);
- Option "Screenshot".
After the settings are set, you can take a screenshot on Android by touching the screen with the edge of the palm of your hand.