What is Recuva
Piriform Recuva is free software for recovering data on HDD and removable media for Windows XP and 7+. It does a deep scan of the space on a drive and is able to find all possible file types. Recuva is helpful for corrupt data, formatted sd memory cards and disks.
Recuva versions: Free vs Pro
- no limit on how much data you can recover,
- deep scan for deleted files,
- no technical support (although you can ask questions in the community forum where specialists and users discuss unresolved issues).
- free product support via Piriform official website,
- automatic update to the latest version,
- Virtual Hard Drive support,
- no limits
Where to download the latest version of Recuva software
You can download free Recuva for PC from official website. The Pro version personal license will cost you $19.95.
Recovery features of Recuva app
- Wizard Mode comes in handy for beginner users as they can choose file types they want to recover. Pro users might appreciate the Advanced Mode with manual recovery settings.
- Recuva evaluates the probability of recovery: color markers in the scanning results show how good the recovery chances are (depending on how corrupt the files are).
- You can turn to the Deep Scan option if basic scan failed to find deleted files as it enhances your chances to track the files. You may find the Deep Scan feature especially helpful to recover data on formatted disks or in case of corrupt data and overwritten files.
- Recuva also restores folder tree saving information about file location and other metadata (like date of the picture was taken or video file size).
Main data types which can be recovered
- Documents: Word and Excel, text notes
- E-mail clients data: Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Outlook Express
- Mobile data, user files on Android: photo and video deleted from internal memory of a phone
- Files on HDD and SSD (you can ignore the filters and scan for absolutely any type of files by signature).
- Recovery from Android phone internal memory: Recuva can be used for recovery from internal memory of an Android device. After creating an image of your phone internal memory the software is able to handle a connected disk like a regular memory stick or SD card.
- Files removed from the Recycle Bin on computer.
- On a hard drive and memory stick (damaged or formatted files on PC).
- Files are recovered to the specified location and in a specific format.
- Recuva handles removable media including USB Flash Drives and SD cards.